Oh the joys of parenthood. Those times where the simple pleasures can tickle our funny bones. I want to share with you some of the little things that have been happening around our house the last few weeks.
* He has been getting mischievous lately. His favorite thing is squeezing around the ottoman to get his little fingers onto the keyboard of our laptop or playing with the buttons on the TV. He gets this wide eyed look, his mouth is a wide open smile and he does this breathy pant. Then he watches us to see how we are going to react. It's a fun cat and mouse game.
* He is teething again. So this time he has decided that there is no more need for socks on your feet. Instead, as soon as he is set down, his socks come off his feet and straight into his mouth where they stay while he crawls and plays on the floor. I figure that he can't hurt anything and they are never on his feet long enough to become dirty.
* We had my parent's dog stay with us the last 12 days. She is a Border Collie/German Shepard mix. She was a very sweet dog to have around. Sean got so comfortable with her around that if she was laying on the floor and he wanted to get around her....he'd just climb right over her! She didn't mind at all because she didn't have to get up to get out of his way. They had a mutual understanding.
* My little lady is three quarters of the way through her 3rd Grade year. She is learning the finer points of socialization. While sitting around the dinner table one night she starts talking like a 'Val Gal'..."Like, that is, like, SO cool Mom!". I looked at her and asked what she was doing. She told me it was the new thing to do at school. So I replied (in my Val Gal style), "Ugh, gag me with a spoon...that is SO, like, 1980's!" Her mouth dropped open and she was perplexed that I was able to respond. She asked where I learned to do that because it was the 'new thing' at school.
* I love how she really allows my husband and I to entertain ourselves. We have an ongoing inside joke about the Jonas brothers and their long lost brother, Scrappy Doo. This came about when her godfather was giving her a hard time about liking the Jonas brothers. So now there is a whole story about what Scrappy Doo Jonas is up to these days. I love hearing about the different situations he finds himself in. She's very creative.
I just love the little ways that our kids brighten our days. If you want to hear more about the adventures of Little Man and Sweet Pea; check out The Raconteur Daddy.