When we first received the Best Bottom system, I realized that this was different from other AI2s that I've seen. It is almost like a Hybrid diaper. It comes with a PUL cover and three cloth inserts. I think that you could easily pair this with a disposable insert if needed and use it like a Hybrid diaper!
|Little Man getting caught in the clean laundry.|
The cover is PUL and is not lined like other AI2s that I've seen. This is nice because it allows for the cover to be wiped out and reused. The drawback for me was that the PUL would sometimes rub directly on Little Man's skin and make it red and a little irritated, but he didn't seem to mind.
I liked when I was using it for the first time and it was just ready to go. At changes, I'd unsnap the used insert, wipe out the cover and snap in a new insert. This made for less laundry to do! The drawback with that was that at changes, I had to try to keep Little Man from moving around and getting away from me with the extra steps.
|Front - 9.5 inches|
|Front Stretched - 10.5 inches|
|Back - 13 inches|
|Back Stretched - 15 inches|
I can honestly say that we didn't have a single leak though! Little Man really put these to the test and there was never a leak or blow out. So, they do an amazing job there! I really love their selection of covers too. So many cute colors and prints. The best part is that you can choose snaps (yay!) or hook and loop.
The stay dry inserts worked really well. They have snaps on the front and back to secure the insert to the cover. This is great because then you don't have an insert that moves around or gets bunched up. Also, the snaps are on the bottom layer, so the snap ends are not exposed at all. The top layer is a soft fleece.
They have four layers total and are very absorbent. I really liked that they didn't stain easily. Little Man had some prunes one day and I thought for sure that it would stain, but the inserts came out nice and white straight from the wash....no need to sun them!
So, here's the skinny on what I thought of the Best Bottom Diaper System.
- Cute prints and colors with options for closure. Versatile for any preferences!
- Reusable/wipeable cover!
- Slightly different than a traditional AI2 because you can reuse the cover and the PUL is exposed.
- Was very trim around the waist, but also stiff to put on.
- The gussets are cute, but don't really function like a double gusset.
- Amazing Stay Dry inserts that are extremely absorbent (even on very heavy wetters).
- No leaks or blow outs!!
- Easy to use.
- You get a cover and THREE inserts! It's like getting three diapers in one package!
I would definitely recommend these to people who are interested in AI2 style diapers. Especially if they have never tried any others before. They were easier to use (for this pocket diaper Mama) than I was expecting. I really loved how portable they were too. It saved me a ton of space in our diaper bag to take a few inserts rather than a few pocket diapers.
Best Bottom Diapers has generously offered one lucky reader a set of Best Bottom AI2 system. This includes a cover of your choice and three stay dry inserts in the size of your choice!
Leave a comment below for each entry.
Please leave your email address on every entry.
Become a GFC public follower and leave me your GFC name.
1. 'Like' OTTW on Facebook and tell me your First initial and Last Name.
2. 'Like' Best Bottoms on Facebook and tell me your First initial and Last Name.
3. Follow OTTW on Twitter and leave your Twitter Name.
4. Follow Best Bottoms on Twitter and Tweet about this Giveaway (Leave URL link for the Tweet.)
5. Visit Best Bottoms and tell me your favorite cover and closure.
6. Grab my button, put it on your blog or website and leave the URL link. (2 entries)
7. Tell me a fun fact about yourself.
8. Check out Planetwise and tell me something you like there!
*That's a total of 10 possible entries!!*